Who We Are
Data We Receive or Collect
- Your name, email address and contact information
- A unique password that is required for accessing your account
- Other optional information
- Payment information (credit card information) if you choose to use the services through our platform.
Customer Testimonials / Comments / Reviews
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Website which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email or other means prior to posting the testimonial authorizing us to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal information from testimonials/comments/reviews, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies & Other Technology
When We May Disclose Personal Information
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third-party when connecting to a third-party service that request for you to consent to such sharing;
- when we are legally required to do so, in response any to legal proceeding, to establish, protect, exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands.
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property or personal safety of any person or any activity that involve abuse of the Platform infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks and attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Platform in general);
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control with teachnlearn;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data or the number of users who clicked on a particular link.
We may disclose information to our employees, professional advisers, suppliers or service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Platform or to perform tasks that are essential to the Platform, including but not limited to, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, and/ or providing support services or other tasks. Information may also be transferred from teachnlearn to the third-party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors in control of the overlapping platforms, but only to the extent required for the site to function properly.
Safeguarding Your Information
We ensure our customers that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft and destruction or damage.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secured (password-protected and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into our website will be protected by encryption technology. By using the Platform, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure. Hence, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. It is your responsibility to safekeep your password for our website.
Teachnlearn is committed to safeguarding the information each User entrusts to Teachnlearn and believes that every User should know how We utilizes the information collected from each User. Other than free information and materials that do not require any registrations or identifying information, Our Website is not directed at children under 13 years of age, and teachnlearn does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age online. For purposes of using this Site as a Platform to connect with tutors, Parents may supply information such as name or age of their children in order for teachnlearn to facilitate the connection between students and teachers. teachnlearn may store this information in a secure digital format. Parents or guardians of children under 13 years of age may review or to delete any personal information previously provided by the child, parent, or guardian that is ultimately collected by Teachnlearn, if any, to connect the child with a tutor. If you seek to review or delete such information, contact Teachnlearn at the below phone number or email address indicating what you would like to have done and Teachnlearn will contact you for purposes of taking the requested action, including but not limited to refusing to permit the information’s further collection or use.
Respecting Your Rights
This may be subject to a charge permitted by applicable law. You can also seek assistance from us to correct or erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may be need to be retained by teachnlearn for a period of time following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for business purposes or required or authorised by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change to your preferred email associated to your account at any time.
If your personal information related to the Platform usage changes or if you no longer desire to use us the Platform, you may correct, update or remove your personal data at the member information page or by emailing our Team.
Recording of Tutoring Sessions
We will record and store all complete sessions that are conducted over Our Platform, for the purpose of review and evaluations, accessible only to either the Teacher, Student or the Parent of the Student. The Recordings wlll contain all visuals created from the Whiteboard functions, and the full length of video captured from the start of the session till the conclusion of the same session, throught the webcams of both the Teacher and the Student. In compliance all federal, state and local relevant laws pertaining to the privacy rights of all Users on our Platform, we keep all recordings with strict confidence and ensure that all storage of these digital media are under tight security.
The Recordings are made available for a period of 1 year, after which the access link will be remove from the Platform. Only the Tutor, the Student and the Parent of the Student, have the full access of the Recording files via their own Profile page. If You wish to delete any recordings on our Platform before reaching the 1-year expiry, you can forward your request via written email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: February 18, 2021